11.25.2006

And so it is....





Andy Andrews, author of the book The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success…

Andy Andrews:
"And I think more people fail because of an undecided heart than anything else.....

Another important decision we make is deciding who to be friends with.
You know, we become like the people we hang out with, and if you want to play good tennis, you play with somebody who's better than you. And the same is true in life. You want to hang out with people who are wiser, who are smarter, who have a history of great decisions.

And a very important decision that can affect our success, is deciding to forgive people or not.

There is no book that says that to forgive somebody they have to deserve it …or that they have to ask for it. It just says that you give it. And forgiveness is a gift that is more affecting to the person who gives it, than the person who receives it. And there is one person just about everybody needs to forgive, and that is ourselves." Good stuff

Last night I was feeling a burst of energy and ended up running around with the boys, through the kitchen, up the stairs, down the stairs, around the couches, chasing them into an excited frenzy. We pretended to know karate and I got to trip them a few times; I had to calm them down a bit when they wanted to get too agressive- Afterwards, I felt like a pretty cool mom, being able to play with my boys like that. It reminded me of many games of 'wolf' played growing up, alongside my sister and 6 brothers. I was called a tomboy many a times. The thrill of running fast and furious in the night, the lungs bursting, the heart pounding, as we would seek our hiding place, hiding from the oldest brother who tended to be the 'wolf' because he was the best at it. That was one of our more favorite games. I believed that when hiding from someone you should never look at them, for the eyes would transmit an energy that would cause the seeker to sense your presence... Ahh, the thrill of the chase. I haven't been able to shake that desire even to this day...

So, it was about 11:30 before I was able to get the boys to bed, in which they immediately fell asleep. But not before my oldest made me promise that tomorrow, we would play the same game. OF COURSE. Good times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet!! I have great memories of playing wolf also! It brings me back...what a fun time that was!
I play hid and seek with Summer.....she is pretty good at it for 3 years old*
ON of these days we need to all get together again like we did on the seqouia trip...and play wolf..for old times sake!!
and some good old adrenalin rush!